miércoles, 25 de marzo de 2009

EXPRESAR ACUERDO

Para expresar acuerdo en inglés (yo también/yo tampoco) con oraciones afirmativas usamos (too/so) y para las negativas usamos(tampoco = either/neither)..

ORACIONES POSITIVAS USAN TOO / SO

I am hungry, and so are you. / you are too. Tengo hambre y tú también.

My wife is a lawyer, and so am I. / I am too.Mi esposa es abogada y yo también.

She was here yesterday, and so was he. / he was too.Ella estuvo aquí ayer y él también.

I can swim, and so can my brother. / my brother can too. Puedo nadar y mi hermano también.

I should study more, and so should you. / you should too.Yo debería estudiar más y tú también.

They will go to the movies, and so will I. / I will too.Ellos irán al cine y yo también.

Susan studies German, and so does Mary. / Mary does too. Susan estudia alemán y Mary también.

John cleaned the house, and so did his wife. / his wife did too.John limpió la casa y su esposa también.

They have gone out, and so has their son. / their son has too. Ellos han salido y su hijo también.

ORACIONES NEGATIVAS USAN EITHER / NEITHERA:

"I don't have any free time." - No tengo tiempo libre.B: "Neither do I." O "I don't either." or "Me neither." - Yo tampoco.

A: "We don't smoke." - No fumamos.
B: "Neither does he." - Él tampoco.

A: "My husband wasn't very happy when I went shopping."- Mi marido no estuvo muy contento cuando fui de compras.
B: "Neither was mine." - El mío tampoco.

A: "They couldn't sleep last night." - No pudieron dormir anoche.
B: "Neither could I." - Yo tampoco.

A: "I can't speak French." - No hablo francés.
B: "Nor can we. Nosotros tampoco.

A: "David won't come to the party." - David no vendrá a la fiesta.
B: "Neither will John." - John tampoco.

I am not tired, and neither are my friends. / my friends are not either. No estoy cansado y mis amigos tampoco.

I can't play chess, and neither can you. / you can't either. No sé jugar al ajedrez y tú tampoco.

They won't attend the concert, and neither will I. / I won't either.No irán al recital y yo tampoco.

I don't like novels, and neither does my girlfriend. / my girlfriend doesn't either.No me gustan las novelas y a mi novia tampoco.

Jack didn't bring anything, and neither did his sister. / his sister didn't either.Jack no trajo nada y su hermana tampoco.

She has not seen that film yet, and neither has her boyfriend. / her boyfriend hasn't either.Ella no ha visto la película aún y su novio tampoco.

They don't have money, and neither do we. / we don't either.No tienen dinero y nosotros tampoco.

Bill hadn't been there, and neither had his family. / his family hadn't either.Bill no había estado allí y su familia tampoco.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario